Following My Muse

There's a story breaking in the news this week that has people puzzled and (for those directly linked with the event) running for cover. It concerns a ceremony that took place in a Senate building involving a well-known egomaniac/cult leader and several leading politicians. The video of the event is both bizarre and alarming.
While the news concerning the incident is distrubing, I find it encouraging to know how the story broke. It took an internet blog to bring this to the attention of our major news media outlets. While the story may be of minor consequence, despite the implication that confirms Washington blindly kowtows to the almighty dollar (or more precisely to those in control of millions of said dollars) regardless of their affilitations, it admirably exemplifies the spirit of investigative journalism and demonstrates how one curious individual with a blog can make a difference.
Like that blogger turned reporter, once something peaks my curiosity and captures my imagination I tend to become obsessed in wanting to understand and learn more about the subject until eventually I find myself diving headlong into it. That's how it's been with this blogging experience. After a casual perusal of Google's "more" link to other tools and services I happened upon Blogger's site. And it didn't take long before I had learned enough to know that I wanted to start my own blog.
In the short amount of time I have been posting blogs I've discovered I enjoy having this forum to express my thoughts. It feels good to be putting my writing skills to use more frequently than I have been in years past. My hope is to contribute something meaningful to those who stumble across my pages: to enlighten, inform, engage, and stimulate others in what I find noteworthy and interesting. That is why I blog. I may never get the scoop on a story deserving national attention... but then again, who knows?
I'll just follow my own muse and see where it leads me.
0 Comments:
make a comment
<< A Musing