Saturday, June 26, 2004

#1 Rangers Fan



It's been a great week of baseball in Arlington. The Rangers have won eight straight, they're leading the AL West, we've swept both Florida and Seattle, Kenny Rogers threw a complete game three-hitter last night, and we even won an eighteen inning outing that took six hours to play (Chia and I caught the end of that one on TV while he was in town). What a week! And to top it off, I got to watch the postgame fireworks show last night. (Living less than ten minutes from the ballpark has its advantages.)

I enjoyed one of those eight wins firsthand with Jodie when we took the youth to Tuesday night's Seattle game and everything was perfect: cool 80 degree weather, decent seats, small crowd, good hot dogs, and a game that lasted only a little over two hours. This really made up for the scorcher we sat through back on my birthday, when the "bad fan" incident occurred. A few weeks earlier, Walker and I attended a couple rescheduled rain out games on a Thursday afternoon and the Rangers won both of those games, too. So, I've seen Texas play a lot of good, quality baseball lately. But, can it get any better than this for a Rangers fan? Oh, I think so.

Now, I hope Texas continues to do well leading up to and after the all-star break. And I'd like to see them play for a divisional title again this year. But all that's still yet to come. In the meantime, though, I've found what has got to be the best fan site ever created in homage to the Texas Rangers. I tip my hat to Joel Siegler on his digital creation. You won't believe the collection of information and photos this guy has amassed, including the Virtual Seating Chart with photos of the field from every section! It's amazing.

Go Rangers!

2 Comments:

at Sun Jun 27, 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Andy & Wendy said...

I now have your blog and blogmaverick.com which I love to read from Mark Cuban.

 
at Tue Jun 29, 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Lee said...

I'd consider being in the same group with Mark Cuban as favorable. He may be richer than me, but at least I'm better looking!

 

make a comment

<< A Musing