Good Times
Yesterday I took the youth to Six Flags Over Texas. I rode two rollercoasters, drove the bumper cars, ate an overpriced hamburger, and had some unauthorized fun at my youth's expense. It was great!
This was my last event with the youth group before stepping down at week's end as youth director, which may explain why I chanced getting thrown out of the park for a little harmless fun. Of course I've been known to sidestep Six Flag's rules before. (Remember the amazing basketball shot off the oil derrick tower, Michael and Jenny?) So for whatever reason, I decided to play a prank on one of my youth at the antique cars ride. I basically vanished from my car half way through the ride and freaked out the youth that was driving. This was accomplished by quietly exiting the car's backseat where I had been sitting and jumping a fence at an opportune time. Then I ran along the bushes outside the fence and listened as my youth finally realized I was gone. He was flabbergasted at finding me missing and caused a bit of a traffic jam wondering what to do next. The scene was hilarious!
Some other excitement came later in the day when one of my youth actually won a scooter at that ring toss game where you have to land the red ring on the neck of one of several glass bottles. It was a total luck shot, but he made it. Another one of my kids blew through ten bucks trying to accomplish the same feat, and he would of kept on playing except that he ran out of money.
It reminded me of a time when I was a kid and won a stuffed armadillo at Six Flags. I was playing a game where I had to knock three cylinders off a pedestal with just one throw of a bean bag. It looked simple enough. Hit the pyramid of cylinders in just the right spot to make them all fall down. Well, it took me five tries at $3 a piece, but I finally succeeded. I guess it really does pay to be persistant. Funny thing though, I had spent $15 to win that $2 prize. Perhaps "it costs to be persistant" would have been a more appropriate saying in that case.
Ahh... Six Flags. Good times.
3 Comments:
Growing up is tough, but 'ya gotta do it! BUT look at the fun you had in the process ..... Jim
The more and more I read, the more I realize you were meant to be a writer. I truly hope you pursue that avenue otherwise, we, the readers will be the ones missing out. Cant wait to read more................
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Although I hope to grow into my writing and see where that leads me, I hope to never have to really grow up. I always want to be young at heart.
make a comment
<< A Musing