Baby Names
I love names that are distinctive. I like the idea of standing out a bit. (Go figure.) Perhaps because my own name is not as common as others, I tend to like names that are creative and unusual. And some of my friends must feel the same way because they've chosen names for their children like Wakaya, Addison, and Crockett.
Remember George Costanza's "perfect" baby name, Seven? He picked it to honor his favorite baseball player, Mickey Mantle, whose jersey number was seven. Well, some real life sports fans have created a new baby name that honors sports—or, more precisely, sports coverage. They're naming their kids after their favorite sports network: ESPN. Now that's different!
With a precedent like that, can other channel surfers be far behind? How does Cinemax or Pax sound? Does Travel or Nature work as first names? Would Oxygen have to be strictly a girl's name? For twins you've got CSPAN1 and CSPAN2, I guess. I'm not sure about QVC, though.
Now doesn't that make my baby name ideas sound much better, Jodie? Wouldn't an apostrophe in a name, like M'Lee or M'Lyn, be better than Bravo McConnell or Sundance McConnell.
Hmmm, I wonder what's on Nickelodeon right now?
0 Comments:
make a comment
<< A Musing