Saturday, December 31, 2005

No More Silent Nights

She's finally arrived!

After nine months of pregnancy, two premature trips to the hospital, five days past our due date, twenty hours of labor, two epidurals (first one wasn't inserted correctly — ouch!), and an unplanned caesarean section, Jodie gave birth to our daughter late last Tuesday night.

Liberty Mae was born Dec. 27, 2005 at 10:20 pm.

"Libby" weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. at birth and measured 20 in. long. As you can tell from the pictures below, she's just precious!

Mom and Dad are doing well, or as well as can be expected with a newborn baby who limits your sleep at night with frequent interruptions of sympathetic cries for soothing and feeding. We've only spent one night at home with Liberty thus far, but already we can tell that from this holiday season onward everything will change (priorities, focus, etc.) and that includes sleep schedules.

No more silent nights.























(Click on any photo for a larger view.)

5 Comments:

at Sun Jan 01, 08:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. She is lucky to have the two of you as parents.

 
at Sun Jan 01, 10:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is precious!!! I want to hold her again. Let me know when I can bring Jennifer over for a visit. Give her a hug and kiss from the Ward's!!!!!!!!!

 
at Mon Jan 02, 08:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jodie and Lee. Baby Liberty is just a little doll baby! So happy all is well even though the labor sounded pretty miserable. Our little Mackenzie is 9 wks old now and has been sleeping through the night since 7 wks, so hang in there it DOES get better...even though you will be sure you are going crazy before that happpens. It is such an amazing life change, all else pales in comparison. I haven't met Jodie yet, but if she is smart enough to choose you as a husband, Lee, then I know she will make just the perfect Mommy. I already know you will be a wonderful Daddy. I think you were born for the job.
Take Care and Blessings! I love and miss you!
Cousin Carrie

 
at Sun Jan 08, 09:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wanted to say congratulations again. sure am happy for both of you. she is beautiful!!! jodie, can lee come out and play? :)

 
at Sun Jan 08, 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Lee said...

Mike- maybe someday, but not too soon. You should see my honeydo list now!

 

make a comment

<< A Musing